RSS is seeking an Administrative Assistant to the Purchasing Department of a manufacturing facility in Columbus, OH. This facility manufactures structural systems for wood, steel, masonry, concrete, and composite wood building construction. This is a fantastic temp-to-hire opportunity!
Provides assistance to purchasing department. Matches and verifies purchasing documents for accuracy. Maintains and researches open purchase orders, red tags, NCR’s and adjustments. Researches and evaluates shipping errors and duplicate orders. Pulls certification documents when required. Responsible for verifying the accuracy of the receiving process in blue screen.
$14/hour plus immediate benefit eligibility
Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with a 1-hour lunch.
- Verifies the accuracy of the receiving process in blue screen
- Maintains and researches open purchase orders, red tag, NCR’s and adjustments
- Matches and verifies purchasing documents for accuracy
- Researches and evaluates shipping errors and duplicate orders
- Provides assistance to purchasing department
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- HS Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
Benefits to the Employee
- Temp-to-hire opportunity; potential for a long-term career
- Weekly pay
- Immediate medical benefits including medical, vision, dental, term life, and short-term disability
- 24/7/365 telemedicine plan available
- Related experience and/or training
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage
- Can read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Can apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Regular reliable punctual attendance is essential because of limited staffing resources.
- Ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Anticipates and prevents future problems, takes charge to bring about change, and takes initiative with role.