Quality Lab Technician
RSS is seeking Warehouse Packer Inspectors and QA Lab Technicians for a facility in Columbus, OH that specializes in producing top-quality food containers and packaging. Products include plastic plates and dinnerware, paper cone cups, microwave safe containers, to-go containers, catering supplies, and compostable products. This is a fantastic temp-to-hire opportunity with the leader in premium quality, single-use food packaging products.
Warehouse Packer Inspectors and QA Lab Technicians inspect and package all product types, for quality, in the preparation of all products for distribution from the Warehouse.
Employees must be available for overtime and weekends.
Schedule is 3-4 days per week, 12 hour shifts, every-other weekend.
Day shift is 6am-6pm.
Night shift is 6pm-6am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the quality of the products that are being produced by the thermoformers
- Make quality decisions as needed. Check with Production Supervisor when in doubt. If supervisor is unavailable, check with QC manager or Production Manager
- Perform visual and physical tests already in place and perform new tests as they are needed using testing instruments
- Teach, train and instruct packers
- Schedule breaks and relieve packers
- Responsible for American Institute of Baking checks at the beginning and throughout the shift. Check to make sure all American Institute of Baking production books are complete
- Daily functions are to be reported to the Production Supervisor. Overall program and training are under the Q.C. Manager.
- Responsible for QC books and that training is up to date.
- Must be able to pack on all Thermoforming lines and their product types
- Must be able to operate the box sealer ensuring properly sealing all product packaged into cases
- Must be able to operate auto packager, making minor adjustments as needed to ensure the product is sealed and identifying all other problems as they occur to the Supervisor
- Must be able to operate the grinders and change grinder pipes
- Must be able to learn and understand silo reading and the material held in each silo Must be able to segregate color and match correct grinder pipe to the proper silo when grinding
- Must be able to work overtime as workload demands
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations
- Perform all other duties as instructed by the Production Supervisor or Managers
- Maintain good attendance attitude
- Maintain a good safety record
- Works scheduled hours (possibility of overtime and/or weekends)
- Stands and walks for long periods of time (up to 12 hour shifts)
- Bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, twist, squat, and perform repetitive motions throughout the shift
- Lift to 50 lbs.
- Lift to 15 lbs. repetitively throughout the day (from floor to conveyor)
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Multi-tasks throughout regular shift
- Can perform tedious, repetitive tasks
- Fast-paced production environment
- Employees must be able to withstand extreme temperature conditions (hot and cold)
Benefits to the Employee
- Temp to hire opportunity; long-term career potential
- Weekly pay
- Immediate medical benefits including medical, vision, dental, term life, and short-term disability
- 24/7/365 telemedicine plan available
- Know your schedule months in advance
- Every-other weekend off (unless mandated overtime)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to speak and understand English is preferred
- Perform proper stacking configurations
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- Use common sense
- Maintain level head and thought process during a crisis
- Differentiate between “good” and “bad” quality and recognizes problems with the auto-packers