Executive Office Coordinator
6677 Busch Boulevard Columbus, OH 43229
RSS Staffing is seeking qualified candidates for a Executive Office Coordinator. This is a fantastic possible temp-to-hire opportunity that offers potential for a long-term career and betterment!
Provides administrative and secretarial support to the President & CEO, senior staff and Boards of Trustees/Directors/Managers. Supervises support staff.
Reports To: President & CEO
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assists President in coordination of meeting schedules and appointments and screening incoming calls and meeting requests. Drafts correspondence, presentations and reports for President. Maintains filing system for President. Makes travel arrangements for President and CEO, and senior staff.
- Coordinates preparation and documentation of Boards of Trustees/Directors/Managers, select Committees and other corporate activities, including development of meeting agendas and maintenance of policies, resolutions and committee rosters.
- Communicates with Board members and staff on behalf of President/CEO.
- Supervises staff reporting to him/her. Develops job descriptions, participates in interviews/selection of staff, recommends and participates in training opportunities, appraises periodically, performance of staff and consults with Human Resources Director and President and CEO on salary adjustments. Insures compliance with established travel, human resources and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Attends Board and Executive Committee meetings; takes notes and develops meeting Minutes for all corporations, occasionally an off-site meeting:
- Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives, Inc.,
- National Power Cooperative, Inc.
- Buckeye Power, Inc.
- Buckeye Power Generating, LLC
- Buckeye Power Generating II, LLC
- Rural Electric Supply Cooperative
- Maintains archival filing system of major agreements, contracts and Board actions for corporations. Maintains original Board Meeting Minutes in vault.
- Drafts correspondence, develops presentations, spreadsheets, invitations, Board meeting calendars and reports on behalf of President and other senior staff and Board members.
- Trains personnel in use of computer applications software and/or arranges for formal computer applications training (off-site) for employees when required (supervisor approved).
- Schedules relief receptionists to provide coverage in the absence of the regular receptionist. This also includes scheduling of the lunch and other breaks for the receptionist when the regular relief receptionist is unavailable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education - Associate/Technical college degree required. Preferred degree in general business or accounting/bookkeeping. Exceptional experience over that described below may be substituted for part of the educational requirement.
Experience - Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience. Experience in administrative, human resources administration and direct support of CEO/Director and/or corporate boards of trustees preferred. Relevant on-the-job experience or education above the requirement described above may be substituted for part of the experience requirement. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge - Knowledge of planning principles and practices. Working knowledge of office procedures and practices, standard office equipment software system applications. Some knowledge of general accounting practices.
Abilities & Skills - Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be highly proficient in the use of computers and office equipment. Must establish priorities for his/her work and other varied assignments and perform well under pressure. Must be able to treat with discretion confidential data and information derived in the performance of duties.
Working Conditions - Occasional work outside normal schedules, including out-of-state, overnight stays, is required. Must have a valid driver' s license.