100 East Broadway Street Jackson, OH 45640
The Formulations Specialist is responsible for administering the BOM information from planning to the plant floor for every line, as well as providing manufacturing technical support for the plant by managing the responsibilities associated with new product commercialization and ensuring products are produced safely, and up to Belliso and GMAP standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering production orders into SAP software system to produce daily production batch sheets from High Jump for all prep areas, work in progress productions areas, and line assembly.
- Produce partial batch sheets as needed to ensure maximum finished goods production throughout all shifts.
- Create and update bill of materials per costing sheets from the Accounting department.
- Process all formulas for raw material and procedure deviations to product re-calculations for compensatory water or works in progress.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team to produce final version of daily priority sheet document for distribution to Quality Assurance and Manufacturing team members.
- Maintain hard copy of historical records for all finished goods formulations, process deviations, and SAP change history documentation.
- Process electronic changes in SAP regarding packaging changes and any other updates.
- Revise/update High Jump process details including order of attrition, temperature targets, agitation instructions, fevors and analytical targets.
- Serve as back-up to Scheduling team members.
- Assist manufacturing team members to troubleshoot High Jump inconsistencies.
- Supervise Raw Material Technicians, Holds Coordinator and Inventory Management Specialist.
- Set goals and a course of action for employees who report directly to me.
- Maintain and update Quality Control Procedures pertaining to receiving or raw materials and holding of any material or product.
- Complete documentation for exports to other countries.
- Create specifications for new raw materials and update any existing specification.
- Evaluate raw materials and finished products for disposition of each hold.
- Complete PEP and all supporting documentation for disposition of any product that does not meet our standard of quality.
- Associates degree in Food Science or related field, or in lieu of degree, 2-3 years’ SAP and documentation experience
- Understanding of food manufacturing GMP’ s
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in SAP data entry, searching, document and database development
- Proficient in High Jump document development and revision
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Strong project management skills
- 25% of time is spent communicating with QA Facilitators, Production Supervisors and other Company Personnel providing information regarding holds or raw material. Contact with external Customers/Suppliers is only occasional. Good oral communication and listening skills are required to explain hold data and raw material specification information. Collaboration skills are required to improve team and department processes.