Material Handler -Tugger - 3rd Shift
611 W. Second Street Waverly, OH 45690
- Be present at work, ready to work at the assigned time for every scheduled or voluntarily accepted work day.
- Work safely, following safety work instructions.
- Supply the assigned manufacturing area(s) with raw materials, parts, supplies and dunnage to maintain uptime.
- Transport finished goods, baskets, boxes and packaging materials to and from all designated areas.
Load/remove parts, dunnage, and other materials into production areas including coils of steel and raw and in-process materials. Remove/store/recycle scrap from production areas by type and proper location.
- Operate assigned mobile equipment, including fork trucks safely and with due consideration to pedestrians. Perform inspections/maintenance of assigned mobile equipment as required.
- Ensure that all materials and finished goods are stored and labeled with proper documentation.
- Keep materials on the shop floor and in storage areas neat and organized, including removal and dumping of scrap and pallets.
- Prepare finished goods for shipment including packing/re-packing, labeling product, and printing supporting documentation.
- Load and unload finished goods, dunnage, and/or component parts from inbound and outbound trucks. Sign for received and shipped goods and check materials for accurate descriptions and quantities per packing slips.
- Take inventory counts as required; make sure parts/finished goods are stored in designated locations.
- Maintain computerized shipping/receiving/materials records as required.
- Report any problem or concern to the supervisor in a reasonable time period that reflects the urgency of the problem.
- Follow all work instructions for all assigned operations.
- Processes steel receiving receipts into plant steel inventory record system.
- Operates overhead crane to transport steel.
- Fill out all necessary paperwork associated with the job including but not limited to, some or all of the following: start-up checklist, pre-shift inspection sheet, labor tickets, scrap records, downtime tracking sheets, quality assurance checks, and product identification tags.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Travel, including overnight travel, as required from time to time.
- Work overtime before and/or after normal shifts and/or on weekends as assigned.
- Comply fully with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Work Experience (provide details and minimum # of years required)
- No minimum experience on a PIV is required.
Skills (language, technical, computer etc.)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Ability to read and demonstrate understanding of documents such as safety rules, work instructions, maintenance instructions, employee handbook, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to apply basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers, fractions and decimals; ability to round numbers and to calculate averages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and sound judgment to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to interact effectively with employees at all levels in a team environment.
- Ability to use hands to grip, finger, handle and/or feel parts.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to gloves, protective sleeves, safety glasses with side shields, and steel-toed shoes.
- Ability to use hands, arms and wrists to work continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to use tools which vibrate, such as grinders, drills, sanders, etc. continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and write.
- Ability to repeatedly lift, reach, push, pull, carry, bend, twist, and stoop with parts, boxes, or other objects weighing up to 40 pounds within allotted times.
- Ability to use close vision, depth perception and adjust focus to visually inspect part quality to standards.
- Ability to work overtime for shifts of up to 12 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Ability to work in hot or cold environments.