Chillicothe, OH 45601
RSS Staffing is seeking a Night Supervisor for a truck transport facility in Chillicothe, OH. This is a direct hire opportunity to work for an excellent employer!
Monitor and direct all aspects of night decking shift.
- Follow operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the handling of goods.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Supervise workers to ensure safe decking of all trucks.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and union contract rules.
- Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as safe saddle handleing and the proper decking procedures.
- Serve as contact persons for all workers night shift workers.
- Direct activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Persuasive - Ability to influence others to change position or to adopt a specific point of view.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Self Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
6 plus months of experience in a transportation related field.
Certifications & Licenses:
A Valid Driver’s License is required.