Sit Down Forklift
1658 Williams Rd Columbus, OH 43207
RSS Stafifng is now hiring Sit Down Forklift Operator' s to work in the Obetz, OH area!
This facility is a full-service public warehouse that provides storage and distribution to its clients. The company offers drumming/bulk liquid unloading, repackaging, transloading, rail services, labeling and bar coding, product assembly and electronic data interchange.
Sit Down Forklift Operators are in a repetitive, physical position. This is not a sedentary position; employees will be expected to get on and off equipment, continuously wipe off dirt/dust from product on the skids, load/unload skids and products, lift, transport, unstack, and situate materials in the warehouse. The equipment employees are primarily operating are sit down forklifts. Employees will also be expected to utilize a RF scanner, print labels and packing slips, and accurately affix labels to skids and products. Other general cleanup and general labor responsibilities may be assigned.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am-3: 30pm.
• Unloads/loads trucks
• Places material into storage locations during putaway
• Pulls material from storage during order picking
• Places empty containers into filling stations and removes filled containers during packaging process
• All other tasks that require the use of a forklift
• Lifts and carries bags and pails weighing 50 lbs.
• General cleanup around the warehouse including sweeping and wiping off product and skids
• Perform duties in a safe, timely, and effective manner
Position Requirements and Abilities:
• Adapts to a variety of job assignments
• HS Diploma or GED required
• Prior forklift experience and general warehouse experience is required
• Knowledgeable of the correct, efficient, and safe use of forklifts and other material handling equipment
• Must be able and willing to obtain and maintain an OSHA certification as a forklift operator
• RF scanner experience
• Performs basic mathematic calculations
• Uses common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• Problem solves and works successfully in a stressful environment
• Meets time and quantity deadlines
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. repetitively and lift 50 lbs. during a regular shift
• Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, lift, carry, climb, stoop, kneel, couch, reach and perform repetitive motions
• Ability to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled warehouse setting
• Works cooperatively in a group or team setting
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends with or without notice
Benefits to the Employee:
• Temp to hire opportunity; long-term career potential
• Weekly pay
• Immediate medical benefits including medical, vision, dental, term life, and short-term disability
• 24/7/365 telemedicine plan available