100 East Broadway Street Jackson, OH 45640
The QA Facilitator is responsible for knowledge of company formulas and specifications and must be able to calculate the length of time for hold by coordinating time of failure in assembly and freezer retention length of time. Responsible for facilitating compliance and execution of all facility food safety and food defense programs and practices (Food Safety, Pest Control, SQF, HACCP and Food Defense) in accordance to Company Procedures to ensure that food products meet food safety and quality standards set by Company, Customer and regulatory authorities. This position functions as a resource and instills regulatory awareness and commitment to safe quality food practices to Production, Warehouse and Maintenance personnel.
1st and 2nd Shift Hours:
Monday-Friday, 7am-4: 30pm
Monday-Friday, 4pm-12: 30am
Employees are required to work overtime and weekends when necessary, with or without notice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor compliance to the HACCP, GMP, Food Safety and Food Defense Operating Procedures, Master Sanitation, pest control, microbiological & environmental testing programs in support of Production Operations.
- Audit and verify measurement, inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous compliance of materials, facilities, and products (SQF, Customer, FDA, and USDA).
- Assisting in investigation (QRI Process) and report writing (IR’ s) for foreign materials observed. – Performed as needed.
- Generating hold tags and reports for product not meeting company specifications. – Performed as needed.
- Verifying allergen clean on scales Prep areas (Spice Rooms and Prep Rooms included). – Performed Daily
- Batch Audits/Prep Audits – Performed Weekly
- Compliance audits resulting in company noncompliance reports when a deviation is observed. May include walk through with USDA inspectors during shift. – Performed Daily
- Assembly start-up checks. Includes but not limited to: Checking packaging, checking codes on EOB, observe metal checks, observe weight control checks, verify product builds, verify seals, verify PC weights and checks, perform changeover checks, verify pasta correctness, check documents for correctness (PPC/CCP, MCP, SSO, etc.). – Performed Daily
- Pack out start-up checks. Includes but not limited to: Verifying the correct shippers used, verifying codes on shippers and inner cartons, checking SAP labels, checking documents for correctness (PPC/CCP, MCP, SSOP, etc.) – Performed Daily
- Performing packaging verification checks for the following shift. Includes verifying the allergens and ingredients in the formula, matches the ingredient listing on the packaging that will be used for the manufacturing run. – Performed Daily
- Glass Audits and GMP Audits. – Performed Weekly
- Handling of all Blood Borne Pathogen incidents. Includes containment and cleanup. – Performed as needed.
- Sauce approvals for finished batches performed by Cooks. – Performed Daily.
- Review of documentation packets for paperwork accountability and correction of gross errors observed. – Performed Daily.
- Train relevant employees (Operators, Leads, Supervisors, etc.) in all policies, procedures and documents required for job tasks. Input training sessions into database (Cornerstone). – Performed as needed (Weekly).
- Complete work requests for damages observed on the production floor affecting Food Safety or Food Quality. – Performed as needed.
- Assisting in checking in raw material deliveries and or inbound return loads. Completing raw material incident reports for foreign material findings in ingredients or for ingredients which do not meet specification. – Performed as needed.
- Completing Early Release documents for product requested prior to documentation review. – Performed as needed.
- Magnet tests for all Kettle and Raw Material magnets. – Performed Annually.
- Sensory Cuttings – Performed Daily
- Oversee removal of all metal rejects from containment bins and facilitate inspection of entrees. – Performed Daily
- Participate in GMP and Sanitation Audits in the Jackson production facility.
Leadership and people development:
- Coach, train, teach, and mentor plant personnel to ensure overall understanding and compliance of Food Safety and Food Defense programs and to assist others to actively engage in managing for results.
- Foster and maintain strong collaborative working alliances with all departments.
- Maintain a presence in team meetings, on the floor, and on-line DDS /start ups
- Supports a continuous improvement / lean culture by actively using and promoting lean tools and techniques
- Demonstrates awareness of food and personal safety regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety and OSHA regulations at all times. Report any safety hazards to Supervisor or member of management immediately. Attend all required safety meetings. Voluntary participation on Safety Committee is encouraged.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for the position at all times.
- Monitors for safe work environment and safe behaviors for self and coworkers.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Some college recommended
3-5 years’ experience working with minimal supervision
Good verbal and written skills
Benefits to the employee:
Immediate medical benefits including medical, vision, dental, term life, and short-term disability
24/7/365 telemedicine plan available
Job Type: Full-time